Skip to content

Maryhill Ruchill Church

Our church building is located at 1990 Maryhill Road and there’s lots going on – scroll to find out what you can get involved in, more information about hiring and some of the building’s history.

Sunday Worship
Sundays 11am-12pm
An open and welcoming service to worship God as a church family, followed by tea and coffee.

S1UP
Sundays term-time 3-4.30pm
A space for those aged 12+ to get together for games, sports and other fun activities.

Midweek Service
Wednesdays 11.30am-12.30pm
A small, informal faith gathering to reflect on the readings for Sunday’s service, followed by lunch.

Boys’ Brigade
Wednesdays 5.45-8pm
A chance for boys aged 5-18 to play games and do a craft while also learning new skills through badge work and marching.

Girls’ Brigade
Wednesdays 6.30-8.45pm
Bellcraig Community Centre
A great place for girls to come together and have fun while learning new skills.

Highway Club
Thursdays 1-3pm
A social group for pensioners, complete with tea and cake. There’s a different activity each week, including performers and outings

Looking for a space to hire?

Our church building has a Main Hall and a Small Hall available for hire. Both are fully accessible, have flexible layout arrangements and come with access to the kitchen. There is also use of a projector and WiFi in both halls and speakers in the Main Hall. The Main Hall can seat up to 120 people and the Small Hall can hold up to 50 people. There is a disabled toilet and baby changing facilities available. Please note our halls are not available for parties. If you’re interested in hiring please get in touch.

A bit of history…

What is now the church, was originally built as the church halls in 1941. The original church is just a stone’s throw away but is now demolished. It was built in 1826 on land gifted by Lilias Graham (Mary Hill’s daughter) and has a surrounding graveyard. The foundations were damaged when a bomb was dropped in Kilmun Street, not far from the church, during the Clydebank Blitz. This led to structural problems with the building and the congregation eventually had to move into the halls in the early 1980s. The original church was later demolished for safety reasons. Following the conditions of the gift from Lilias Graham, once the land ceased to be used for a church it was returned to the inheritor’s estate. A group called Friends of Maryhill Road Graveyard are campaigning to improve the condition of the graveyard to make it a usable space for the community.

1990 Maryhill Road has been the happy home for the church family for over 40 years now. It’s a bright, welcoming, multi-use space with both a large and small hall, helping to meet the needs of the various hall users.